British Columbia Anti-Tuberculosis Society

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

British Columbia Anti-Tuberculosis Society

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1907-1921

History

The British Columbia Anti-Tuberculosis Society formed in 1904 in the aim to care for and treat people suffering with tuberculosis. In July 1907 the Society purchased the Fortune Ranch at Tranquille, near Kamloops, which they converted into a treatment facility. In 1920 the Directors of the Society commenced negotiations with the provincial government to take over operation of the Tranquille Hospital. On February 23, 1921 an agreement was signed and the Tranquille Hospital was transferred to the Province of British Columbia. This marked the formal end of the British Columbia Anti-Tuberculosis Society. On October 30, 1922 the Tranquille Tuberculosis Publicity Society was incorporated under the Societies Act of British Columbia, and on November 9, 1936 this society changed its name to the British Columbia Tuberculosis Society. On July 27, 1978 the name was changed to the British Columbia Lung Association.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC