Fort Langley and District Board of Trade

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Fort Langley and District Board of Trade

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Fort Langley and District Board of Trade was a non-profit organization of persons from Fort Langley, Walnut Grove, Willoughby, Glen Valley, and Port Kells, that was interested in promoting economic development and presenting public policy concerns to the government. The Board had its origins in 1910; after a period of inactivity, it was revived in 1947 and remained active until 1965, when the area came under the representation of the North Langley Chamber of Commerce. The Board was particularly active in promoting good transportation access to the area via highway, rail, and ferry; dredging and dyking for flood control; mosquito control programs; and tourism, as well as forging beneficial economic and co-operative links with other organizations.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC