Fonds RBSC-ARC-1198 - Fort Langley and District Board of Trade fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Fort Langley and District Board of Trade fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on the contents ofthe fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

RBSC-ARC-1198

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1947-1965 (Creation)
    Creator
    Fort Langley and District Board of Trade

Physical description area

Physical description

66 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Fort Langley and District Board of Trade was a non-profit organization of persons from Fort Langley, Walnut Grove, Willoughby, Glen Valley, and Port Kells, that was interested in promoting economic development and presenting public policy concerns to the government. The Board had its origins in 1910; after a period of inactivity, it was revived in 1947 and remained active until 1965, when the area came under the representation of the North Langley Chamber of Commerce. The Board was particularly active in promoting good transportation access to the area via highway, rail, and ferry; dredging and dyking for flood control; mosquito control programs; and tourism, as well as forging beneficial economic and co-operative links with other organizations.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds consists of by-laws, membership lists, minutes, correspondence, reference files, and press clippings relating to the administration and operations of the Fort Langley and District Board of Trade between 1947 and 1965.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Source of donation: Mrs. M. S. W. McKenzie, Secretary for Board

Arrangement

Records are arranged on the basis of an order introduced by the manuscript curator in the early 1970s.

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Inventory available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres