Fonds RBSC-ARC-1238 - Hastings Saw Mill Company fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Hastings Saw Mill Company fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

RBSC-ARC-1238

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1865-1890 (Creation)
    Creator
    Hastings Saw Mill Company

Physical description area

Physical description

13.5 cm of textual records and other material

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Hastings Saw Mill was opened in 1867 by the B.C. and Vancouver Island Spar Lumber and Saw Mill Company (commonly known as Stamps Mill) on Burrard Inlet. Captain Edward Stamp operated the mill until 1869 when it was sold. The new owners, Heatley & Company of London, secured the services of Captain R.A. Raymur to manage the operation. The Mill was guided in turn by Richard H. Alexander, John Hendry and Eric Humber until 1928 when the property was sold to the National Harbours Board.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds consists of correspondence (1865-1888), an 1890 memo, one map, one photograph of B.C. Mills, Timber and Trading Company's Hastings Sawmill, five plans and articles of association.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Material from Hamber Estate; Hendry Family (Mrs . Hamber's family); received from Toronto General Trust, May 10, 1960.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Inventory available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Physical description

Includes: 1 map, 1 photograph, 5 plans.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Revised

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Finding aid converted by J. Lai, Sep 2015

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres