Inverness Cannery

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Inverness Cannery

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

Constructed in 1876. Closed in 1950. Destroyed by fire in 1973.

History

Situated on the River Skeena, Inverness Cannery was built in 1876 by North Western Commercial Company. It was purchased from Turner, Berton Company by J. H. Todd and Sons of Victoria in 1902 who owned and managed the cannery until it's closure in 1950. The cannery was destroyed by fire and rebuilt in 1920, and entirely destroyed by fire in 1973.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

J.H. Todd and Sons

Identifier of the related entity

Category of the relationship

hierarchical

Type of relationship

J.H. Todd and Sons is the owner of Inverness Cannery

Dates of the relationship

Description of relationship

Purchased in 1902 and owned until closure in 1950.

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC