Energy and Chemical Workers Union. Local 614 (Port Moody, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Energy and Chemical Workers Union. Local 614 (Port Moody, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

  • Energy and Chemical Workers Union Local 614

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Energy and Chemical Workers Union Local 614 came into existence in September 1980. It was the union recognized as the sole collective bargaining agency for the employees of the Imperial Oil Ltd. refinery known as Ioco in present-day Port Moody, B.C. The workers of this refinery were initially represented by a non-union Joint Industrial Council that began in 1918. They continued to be represented by this Council until they became unionized in 1946 and formed the United Oil Workers Union, Local 3. This was superseded by the Oil Workers International Union, Local 614 in 1950; the Oil, Chemical and Atomic Workers International Union, Local 16-614 in 1955; and finally the Energy and Chemical Workers Union Local 614 in 1980. Despite these changes, the union's mandate of representing the workers of the refinery and acting as their sole collective bargaining agent did not change.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places