MacMillan Bloedel. Canadian White Pine Division

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

MacMillan Bloedel. Canadian White Pine Division

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Canadian White Pine Division of MacMillan Bloedel Limited, located on the Fraser River in Vancouver, is one of the oldest mills on the West Coast and was the first sawmill owned and operated by the H.R. MacMillan Export Co., the predecessor company to MacMillan Bloedel Limited. The portion of the mill known as "B" Mill was originally built in 1923 as Dominion Mills and was purchased by H.R. MacMillan Export Co. in 1935. Like other large sawmills on the West Coast, the mill first produced Douglas Fir lumber in lengths up to 40 feet. Today the plant produces only Western Red Cedar, both rough and finished, for domestic and foreign markets. The Canadian White Pine Mill became part of Weyerhaeuser operations as part of that company's takeover of MacMillan Bloedel Ltd. in 1999.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC