Showing 2863 results

Archival description
British Columbia historical photograph collection
Print preview Hierarchy View:

[plauqe placed on Fort Ross chapel]

Text on plaque: "This chapel was a part of the settlement founded by the Russians in 1812 and known as Fort Ross. The fort was in the form of a quadrangle, about 300 feet square, inclosed by a redwood wall, with two block - houses at opposite corners. Fort Ross contained fify-nine buildings, nine of which, including this chapel, were within the inclosure. The Russians withdrew in 1844, selling their improvements and stock to John A. Stutter of Stutter's Fort. Property acquired by the State of California in 1906. Tablet placed by historic landmarks committee native sons of the golden west. 1928"

[Unknown] (Authorized heading)

Results 1 to 50 of 2863