- 1985 - 2002
Records in this series reflect the functions and activities of the Provincial Secretary, in maintaining communication with Party members and members of the public, coordinating election campaigns and strategies, and administering the provincial office. A central coordinating figure in the Party, the Provincial Secretary acts as a communications hub and spokesperson, ensuring coordination between different groups, committees, and members of the party. A 1989 description of the role of the Provincial Secretary, found in file 449-14, described the position's responsibilities as such:
- Administers the policies, plans and strategies of the provincial party as adopted by the Executive, Council, and Convention
- Administers the provincial office of the party
- Liaises with all sections and components of the party
- Provincial campaign manager
To fulfill these duties, the Provincial Secretary is often a member of numerous committees, and usually sits as a member of all executive levels of the party (Table Officers, Provincial Executive, and Provincial Council).
Records included in this series span several Provincial Secretaries, including:
- 1985 - 1987: Gerry Scott
- 1987 - 1992: Hans Brown
- 1992 - 1993: Ray Whitehead
- 1993 - 1994: Keith Reynolds
- 1994 - 1999: Brian Gardiner
- 1999 - 2000: Ron Stipp (Acting Provincial Secretary)
- 2000 - 2002: Ed Lavalle
The files contain correspondence predominantly sent and received by Gerry Scott, Hans Brown, Brian Gardiner, and Ed Lavalle. Items in this series are predominantly correspondence, though often with related materials attached, including public memos, news clippings, policy and strategy documents, poll results, and other related materials.