International House Association. British Columbia Chapter

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

International House Association. British Columbia Chapter

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1950-

History

The International House Association - B.C. Chapter was formed in 1950 and obtained its charter the following year. Its main goal was to bring together alumni of International Houses residing in the province of B.C. as well as others interested in the International House movement. In addition, the Association sought to "promote the development of better international understanding through personal contact and interchange of ideas between peoples from other countries and residents of Canada." The B.C. Chapter of the Association played a prominent role in developing International House at the University of British Columbia, which opened in 1959. In 1964, the International House Association - B.C. Chapter was amalgamated with International House, and the latter's constitution was broadened to reflect this change.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

UBCA-ARC-AUTH-734

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places