Brunswick Cannery Company (Canoe Pass, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Brunswick Cannery Company (Canoe Pass, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence


The Brunswick Canning Company constructed three Brunswick Canneries; two on the Fraser River in 1893 and the third at Rivers Inlet in 1897. In 1903 the canneries were sold to the British Columbia Packer's Association. At that time the operations of Brunswick Cannery No. 1 at Steveston were amalgamated with the adjoining Imperial Cannery, while the Rivers Inlet cannery remained operational until 1930. The Brunswick Cannery at Canoe Pass canned salmon until 1930 when it became a fish camp for Imperial Canning.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places